It’s been a couple of years since we’ve had the FAST Holiday Open Studio.
We will be open on Saturday and Sunday from 11-4. It is a busy weekend with lots of open studios in the Central Maryland area. So I hope that you add Flying Goat Farm into your plans!
We have a fun new colorway for the weekend. I’m calling it Winter Light. It is based on this wonderful drawing.
This yarn is available in our Chinook yarn base (SW Merino, Cashmere and Nylon) and in Sparkly (SW Merino and Lurex). I will also have coordinating semi-solids to go with this yarn. Both of these bases are fingering weight yarns with at least 400 yards per skein. They will be available exclusively in person until 12/5. Next Monday, I will add these to the webstore. You can always email me to be put in the waiting list…
As well as my artisanal hand dyed yarn and roving, I have dryer balls, indigo dyed home textiles and some knit samples for sale.
We will have 2 guest artists for the weekend. Dawn of Grindstone Ridge Farm will be bringing her felted figurines, pin cushions, felt kits and supplies as well as other wonderful products from her farm.
Anne from APH Designs will have her fantastic fused glass jewelry, buttons, shawl pins and more.
There are 4 stops on our open studio: Flying Goat Farm, Dancing Leaf Dyeworks, Avalon Springs Farm and Withers Wool. You can find out more about it here
First of all thank you to all the people who came out to the Fiber Art Studio Virtual Tour this past weekend. It was a lot of fun. I loved visiting people as I did my live videos. And I loved seeing what all the other vendors were talking about in their videos sessions as well.
We will be starting the KAL for our featured shawl, Ticket to Anywhere, next week. There is still time to get some minis to make this great shawl. You can find the shawl pattern here. And you can find mini packs here.
What to expect:
- Pattern “Ticket to Anywhere” will drop Saturday morning. You can get a code for a free pattern, when you buy a 5 skein mini pack from any of our vendors. Coupon must be redeemed by 11:59pm Monday 6/8.
- Vendors will be doing FaceBook live presentations during the day. These will be in the Facebook group. Be sure to join the group here.
- Prizes will be given out throughout the day. You just need to be in the group, watching and commenting. If you aren’t on Facebook, you can engage in the Ravelry group. We will be giving out prizes there too.
- The group will have a watch party on Sunday. So you can see videos from our vendors if you missed them on Saturday, or if you just want to get a dose of cute animals, beautiful yarn and wonderful yarnie accessories, creams and spinning equipment.
June 6th will make our 4th annual FAST tour. This is our first year as a virtual show. So what does it mean to be virtual? Well, we are having a “show” on Facebook in our group. Click here to join. During the show hours we will be posting live videos from each vendor. It will be like going from booth to booth in real life, only you get to be in your PJ’s, sitting on your couch, drinking your prefered beverage. You don’t have to carry anything around. You can sit back and have the packages delivered by your friendly USPS carrier.
Just as in years passed, we will have a featured shawl and you can collect mini’s for it. The shawl will take ten 100yd skeins. So we asked each vendor to have sets of 5 minis. So you can buy from more than one vendor, just like before to have a souvenir type shawl, but not get hit with a lot of shipping fees.
The shawl is called “Ticket to Anywhere”. I don’t know about you, but I really want to get a ticket to somewhere, right? The color theme this year was **Neutrals with a pop of color**. So I made a gradient of 4 grayish, brownish spreckled minis. I made 5 different “pops”. So there is *Greek Isles (blue), *Mexico (gold), *Morocco (magenta), *Juneau (salmon) and *Caribbean (turquoise). My wanderlust got the better of me when thinking about the names and colors of these pops. I decided to give you another choice too. You can choose a pop in Sparkly or a pop in the Corrie Sock base. When you purchase a set of minis you will receive a discount code for the pattern. You can get these here. I will be dyeing these to order, fresh yarn just for you.
And just like in years passed, there will be prizes given out throughout the day. So I hope you join our group and visit with us in 9 days.
Have you heard? At least the Spring and Summer festivals and tours will be a virtual experience. This is a whole new world for vendors, festival organizers and you, the public. There have been a couple of these so far. And it is really a learning experience. This is what I know to help you have a good experience for Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival and my own Fiber Art Studio Tour.
- The “festivals” will be held in special facebook groups. Here’s link for MDSW. Here is the link for FAST. Join these groups. You need to be checking on the posts in these groups. Any news, video or discounts won’t just come to your feed. So when you are ready just enter facebook and click on the group.
- Many, many vendors will be having special discounts and/or free shipping. The information will be listed during the virtual event. You can also just look at a vendor’s website as well. I will be offering 15% off your entire purchase AND free shipping on orders over $100. Those of you who are on my email list, will be getting the code early for pre-ordering. You can go here to sign up to be on the list.
- Many vendors have been making videos so that you can see for yourself what is available. I have a youtube channel where I’ve posted the complete colorways for each base. You can go here to see them.
- Many of us yarnies will continue to have a special colorway for the event. Stay tuned. I’m working on mine this week for MDSW.
So I hope you come out and “see” us at the new virtual fiber festival experience!