As I write this installment of Fab 5, I noticed a theme of local and sustainable.
1. Farm to Fork week. Labor Day is a great time to plan meals from your local farms or go to participating restaurants.
2. This article about Dan Barber’s philosophy of the “3rd plate”. He argues that the current farm to table trend “cherry picks” the best of the farm, but is not truly sustainable.
3. Home by Bryan Voltaggio is a beautiful cookbook of delicious new takes on Southern comfort foods. From deviled eggs with deviled ham mousse, to collard green caesar salad and red velvet cake with cream cheese semifreddo these recipes are delightful.
4. Fingal home-grown blue faced leicester kid mohair blend yarn has wonderful luster and incredible softness. Grown here and at Grindstone Ridge Farm and made at a local mill, support your local yarn farmer. You can buy some here.
5. Such a fun shawl to knit. It works well with indie hand-dyed yarn like our Zephyrette.
What is on your Fab 5 list today?
Do you want to learn more about color? Sign up for the Color Explorer ecourse to learn more about your yarn collection.