I have never been able to master the long tail cast on. I can’t figure out how long to make the tail. And I either end up with not enough or too much left over. So this provisional cast on is great. It is like making a crochet chain over your needle. Here is a video that shows you how.
Where to find us
We are located in Frederick MD. You can stop by during our open studios. Or buy online and stop by to pick up…I’ll run your purchases out to you in your car.
Open by Appointment!!
Monday through Friday 11-3
Closed Saturday and Sunday (Except Open Studio days)
Open Studios with Fiber Art Studio Tour:
April 15 (11-4)
June 20 (11-4)
Lovely Yarn (Baltimore) March 4-29
Read our Blog
- New Classes Added: Indigo Shibori Classes March 8, 2023
- Last Podcast of Season 4 December 19, 2022
- Answers to your Natural Dye Questions November 28, 2022
- A Fibershed Conversation with Marian Bruno November 7, 2022
- A Conversation with Roan Farnum October 24, 2022