Fabulous Five Friday
I haven’t posted one of these for a while. To be truthful, I’ve been a little tapped out in the word department. It’s a typical Mid-Atlantic summer day today. It is hot and humid and it’s the kind of day when people stay indoors by a fan or air-conditioner. Here are five fabulous summery things I think you will like:
- Peaches are ripening. Here is a beautiful easy way to make preserved peaches that you will enjoy all winter long.
- I discovered a podcast that I am loving called Woolful. Ashley interviews authors, shepherds, designers and others about their fibery journeys. It’s a great companion while you are knitting, crocheting or spinning beautiful yarn.
- Summer is the traditional time to take vacation. It is well known that Americans have difficulty taking their vacation days. This can be especially true if you are self-employed. Here is a beautiful article , where Daphne Gray-Grant “The Publications Coach” writes about the importance of those rest days. This blog is targeted to writers, but it also resonated with me. The need to rejuvenate yourself in order to continue to be creative. Do you feel that way too?
- Are you looking for a quick and easy project that you can do in the car or the movies or at the beach? I have a super easy, completely beautiful shawl kit for sale in the shop. It is made with eight 100-yard mini skeins. You can buy it here.
- You can use these indoor summer days to visit your yarn collection and get it whipped into shape before the fall fiber festivals. Click here for a free 7 week ecourse that guides you along the path to fall back in love with your yarn.